“My mother often made this family favorite when I was growing up. I remember coming home after a long day to smell these Dolmades Leaves simmering in a pot on the stove. Now, when I make these, I think of home.” – Mavra
- 1 16-ounce jar grape leaves
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, minced
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 4-6 small to medium green onions
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Mix uncooked rice, onions, dill, and parsley.
- Line large pot with grape leaves. Reserve remaining leaves.
- Place 1 tablespoon rice mixture on a reserved grape leaf and wrap. Place wrapped mixture on a grape leaf in the pot.
- Roll more grape leaves with rice mixture and layer in circular pattern in skillet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice over the grape leaves. Roll more grape leaves and make another layer in pot until mix is used up.
- Slowly add two cups of water and the remaining lemon juice over contents in pot.
- Cover rolled grape leaves with heavy plate to keep from coming unwrapped.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!