“Healthy and quick, there’s nothing like a fresh eggplant sandwich for a Sunday lunch. Serve it with a fresh tomato salad drizzled with Mavra’s Greek Oil!” – Mavra
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry onion
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Sliced bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix bread crumbs, basil, onion and Parmesan cheese. Make egg mixture by blending egg, milk, salt and pepper. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then coat in breading mixture. Pan fry on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain fried slices on paper towel.
- Place fried eggplant slices on shallow metal pan and sprinkle slices with mozzarella. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve between two slices of bread. Serves 4-5.
(Printable PDF page coming soon!)