Horiatiki (Simple Greek Salad)
“If all we had was fresh bread, this simple Greek salad and a nice glass of wine, life would be perfect!” – Mavra
- 2-3 large tomatoes, ripe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small green pepper or 4 pepperoncini peppers
- 10-14 Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 4-5 tablespoons Mavra’s Greek Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Greek oregano
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar
- Slice tomatoes and place in large bowl with cucumber, onions, pepper and olives.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad mixture and top with feta cheese. Serves 4-6
(Printable PDF page coming soon!)