“We often make this with frozen squid because it is so hard to find it fresh. But if your market sells fresh squid, make sure you purchase it. It tastes twice as good!” – Mavra
- 2 pounds squid (1 package frozen)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white flour
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- 1 lemon (if desired)
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Hot sauce (if desired)
- Ranch dressing (if desired)
- Clean and wash squid. Drain and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt, and place in plastic bag with flour to coat.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry calamari over high heat until crisp and golden in color. Serve hot. Enjoy!
If desired, serve with lemon halves for juice, Parmesan cheese, hot sauce or ranch dressing.