Keftedakia (Greek Meatballs)
“These aren’t your ordinary meatballs – they are Greek meatballs! The fresh basil and Jalapeno pepper add flavor to the meat. We often eat these with rice.” – Mavra
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5-6 leaves of fresh basil, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dry basil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Pinch of Greek oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all together and shape into balls.
- Pan fry over high heat for 5-6 minutes or until all sides are browned and meat is cooked. Serves 4-6.
(Printable PDF page coming soon!)