“I always use two cloves of garlic for this recipe but if you like the kick of garlic, consider using twice the amount. It tastes good as a spread on sandwiches or on hot pasta.” – Mavra
- 2 cups tightly-packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup Mavra’s Greek Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Clean and wash basil leaves, pat dry.
- Using a blender, add basil, oil and garlic until well mixed. Add Parmesan and salt.
- Place in airtight jar, covering the top with a thin layer of olive oil, to preserve flavor and aroma. Will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.